130 Ridgeway Road, Hillsborough, CA
- 4 BD, 5 BA
- 5,680 Sqft living area
- Offered at $6,295,000
Completely rebuilt and expanded for the current and second owners, no expense was spared, no detail overlooked in the creation of this special home. Custom built in 1951 by one of Hillsborough’s most prominent families and one of the founders of the original Crystal Springs Girls’ school, this architecturally significant Cliff May home was gutted to the studs and meticulously rebuilt while preserving the classic country Ranch style of the 40’s and early 50’s.
With the addition of a new kitchen, family room, 3 additional bedroom suites, plus a library and guest bath, the home was nearly doubled in size. Like brand new, the entire home has just recently been reimagined by the Debbie Sharp Group with new designer paint, refinished solid plank white oak hardwood floors, new contemporary lighting fixtures, hardware, show house furnishings and accessories, plus gorgeous new landscaping.
Commanding the summit of a .6 acre knoll, there are spectacular views over the treetops toward San Francisco Bay, Mount Diablo and the surrounding hills. Design features include ultra high ceilings, numerous windows and French doors that bring inside the beautifully landscaped grounds, stone patios, telescopic vistas, and natural light. Within the 5,680 square feet are 4 en-suite bedrooms including 2 master suites with adjacent reading and relaxing sanctuaries, grand entertaining formal living and dining rooms, professionally equipped, state of art gourmet kitchen with both preparation and serving islands, plus an adjacent and expansive family and breakfast room. Additional rooms include 4 elegant en-suite bathrooms, 2 guest bathrooms, a second office/den/library, a gallery promenade, plus an attached 3 car garage.
Outdoors, the vast, gently terraced grounds offer sweeping lawns and luxuriant landscaping. Rustic crushed granite and railroad tie pathways meander beneath towering birch, connecting multiple patios, with secret garden retreats. At dusk dramatic outdoor lighting comes alive creating a whole new environment of enchantment and wonder. With .58 of sprawling grounds there is ample room for a pool, spa, accessory dwelling unit, a vineyard, herb, vegetable garden, putting green and everything else that one could desire. For children there is plenty of room to run, play, and hide, to play badminton and catch.
- Perfect location in one of Hillsborough’s choicest and charming neighborhoods, adjacent to the illustrious Lucius Beebe estate.
- 2 blocks from Vista Park. Children’s play area, ball fields, Jogging and hiking trails.
- 15 miles south of San Francisco on the Beautiful San Francisco Peninsula.
- Easy commute to Silicon Valley, biotech, and centers of commerce and venture capital.
- Award winning Public and private schools.
- Welcoming architectural detailing inside and out, including a new metal standing seam roof, redwood exterior and interior siding, vaulted exposed beam and box beam ceilings, beadboard wainscotting, crown moldings, white oak hardwood floors, traditional fireplace surrounds, and recessed lighting throughout. Designed to bring the outdoors and vistas inside, there are numerous French doors, bay windows, and light drenched alcoves.
- Professionally landscaped by Margo Pace with stands of birch, redwoods and live oaks, the entire grounds are fully irrigated, and illuminated at night. Rustic railroad tie pathways connect the stone patios, lawns, with the secret gardens and children’s play areas. Welcoming guests is a motor court offering secure off street parking.
- State of the art technical systems include 3 separate energy efficient heating and air conditioning systems, an impenetrable electronic security with video surveillance, motion detection activated lighting, Sonos sound, Wi-Fi, and more.
- Presenting a warm welcoming to all who enter, and an environment of absolute comfort and peace to those who reside, this special property is offered at $6,295,000.